RACI Chart Interactive App
RACI is an acronym for Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed. RACI Charts or the RACI Matrix are tools for outlining roles and responsibilities within a team or organization to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks. RACI Charts assign clear ownership of tasks and expectations so there is no confusion within a group as to who is responsible for completion of an action.
Description of RACI Charts
RACI can also be called RAM (Responsibility Assignment Matrix). The structure of RACI Charts encourages communication across functions, especially with those in the “Consulted” and “Informed” positions.
The key roles are as follows:
- Responsible: those responsible for completing the work related to the specific project. Usually there is at least one person assigned to this role.
- Accountable: the person who ensures the project is completed and will ultimately sign off on the completion. This person (there should be only one) assigns the tasks to those Responsible.
- Consulted: these are typically SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) whose opinions are sought during a project or activity.
- Informed: those who are kept up-to-date on progress along the way, or simply notified at the end of the project that it has been completed
Praxie's Online RACI Tools & Templates
The RACI Chart is typically structured so that the tasks to be completed as part of the project are listed down the left-hand side of the matrix. Each person involved in the project is listed at the top of each column. It is also possible to list specific groups or business functions at the top of each column. Where the task and the person (or function) intersect on the chart, the group decides to place an R, A, C, or I in the corresponding box to indicate the level of responsibility that person or function has for that task. Get started with our RACI Chart template.
How to use it:
- Review the template and collect the requested information.
- List your process steps and stakeholders.
- Assign a RACI status and update the template as needed.
Praxie’s online RACI Chart tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms.