SQDC Board Interactive App
An SQDC Board is a bulletin board hung in a process or production area which quickly conveys how manufacturing is performing in 4 key areas. Specifically, they are Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. Metrics and results for each category are shown below each letter in the SQDC acronym and updated each day.
Description of SQDC Boards
Determining the right metrics for each section of the board is an important first step. While every organization with have different standards surrounding SQDC, the following are examples of measurements to track in each category:
- Safety should always come first, and could show near misses, safety violations, missed work due to injuries, and unsafe work practices observed.
- Metrics surrounding Quality could include the number of product defects found in a day or returns due to poor manufacturing quality.
- Delivery measurements would include On-time shipments to customers or the number of shipments made per day versus the goal.
- Cost is related to metrics surrounding waste and leftover raw materials, overtime costs and late fees
Daily, weekly or monthly goals can be established for each category in the SQDC Board and if the teams meet their goals then the category is marked green for that time period. If not, it is marked red. When management comes through on a Gemba Walk, they can instantly see where the facility stands by reading the board.
Praxie's Online SQDC Board Tools & Templates
The tools managers can use to guide their teams through the steps for creating and using SQDC Boards include creating visual presentations, spreadsheets, and documents, and then using these for regular reviews of progress. Get started with our SQDC Board template.
How to use it:
- For each SQDC item, list the current metrics and status based on the metrics.
- Describe status as needed.
- Keep updated to track issues and progress.
- Create an action plan based on your SQDC board.
Unlike most traditional SQDC Board processes, Praxie’s online SQDC Board tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.