Lean Manufacturing Interactive App
Lean Manufacturing is the process of creating ever-greater value for customers while continuously identifying and reducing inefficiency in the production system. While Lean Manufacturing started out as a process improvement method in manufacturing, it is applicable across all business functions and processes, as the essential purpose remains the same – to ensure every value stream – the horizontal flow of technologies, resources, and departments – is producing the highest quality product or service for the customer in the most efficient way possible.
Description of Lean Manufacturing
Lean Manufacturing is not a short-term change management or cost reduction program, but rather a new way of operating that will ultimately transform the business, requiring long-term commitment and perseverance. The essential goals of adopting Lean Manufacturing methodology are:
1) identify the essential customer problems the company seeks to solve.
2) to ensure every business process adds value for the customer, eliminating those that do not, and ensuring they are efficiently linked in a value stream.
3) to ensure that there are people continuously overseeing and evaluating each value stream to monitor performance and recommend improvements.
Concentrating on these three goals allows businesses to focus on what matters most – delivering ever greater value to customers, reducing waste, space, capital investment, and human effort by streamlining value streams to produce defect-less products and services 100% of the time. The benefits of Lean Manufacturing result in major cost savings and quality improvements, thereby increasing return on investment, and enables companies to respond to customer needs rapidly, flexibly, and with high quality solutions.
Praxie's Online Lean Manufacturing Tools & Templates
Lean Manufacturing can take the form of many different tools and templates, such as workflow charts, value stream analyses, team collaboration tools, etc. Most companies have sources of waste, whether it’s workers who are idle or materials that go unused. Any type of waste puts a drag on productivity, resulting in increased costs to the customer and decreased profitability for the organization. Get started with our Lean Manufacturing template.
How to use it:
- Review the different categories and enter specific improvement opportunities for each.
- Use research, interviews, or other inputs to ensure opportunities reflect specific problems and areas of improvement.
- Create an action plan to implement your improvement opportunities for specific categories.
Praxie’s online Lean Manufacturing collaboration tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.