Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
Job Analysis is the process used to determine in detail the particular job duties and requirements as well as the degree of importance of these duties for a specific job. The job analysis is then used to create a job description.
Description of Job Analysis
The purpose of doing a Job Analysis is to establish and document the ‘job relatedness‘ of employment procedures such as training, selection, compensation, and performance appraisal. It is important to note that the analysis is performed on the job itself, not the person currently in the job.
A typical method of Job Analysis would be to ask the person currently in the job to complete a questionnaire to identify his or her current duties, responsibilities, equipment or tools used, work environment and working relationships. The questionnaire would then be given to a Job Analyst who would prepare a job description. The following aspects of a job are usually analyzed:
- Duties and Tasks: Information such as frequency, duration, effort, skill, complexity, and equipment would be gathered.
- Environment: The work environment may include anything from unpleasant conditions such as offensive odors and temperature extremes, to health risks such as harmful substances, dangerous people or explosives.
- Tools and Equipment: This can include special clothing or specific equipment required to perform job tasks.
- Relationships: Relationships include both internal and external associates.
- Requirements: This refers to the minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to do the job properly.
Praxie's Online Job Analysis Tools & Templates
A specific tool used in Job Analysis includes questionnaires, work logs, and employee and supervisor interviews. Get started with our Job Analysis template.
How to use it:
- Complete your Job Analysis using the template, and the use this information to create a formal Job Description.
- Write an action plan for completing the Job Analysis template, including research, obtaining input from key stakeholders, and reviewing the Job Analysis with others.
- Create actions for using the Job Analysis to develop Job Descriptions or other programs.
Praxie’s online Job Analysis collaboration tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.