Mentoring Interactive App
Mentoring is the act of providing guidance in the workplace to a less-experienced employee, called a mentee. A mentor may either be another employee of the company or a professional from outside of the company. The mentor is a role model who shares knowledge and advice to help the employee grow professionally.
Description of Mentoring
The benefits of having a Mentor for the employee are numerous, and include:
- Having someone with greater knowledge and experience to turn to for advice. While a mentor won’t do the employee’s job he or she can provide guidance on how to complete a certain task, help the employee in problem-solving, or critique the employee’s work.
- A mentorship may help an employee feel less isolated at work, and assist in helping with his or her interaction with others.
- A mentor can provide an employee with tips on career growth and introduce the employee to other professionals who can help with career growth.
As the employee matures in his career, a mentor may remain a valued adviser to the employee.
On the flip side, the benefits to the Mentor are also numerous, and can include:
- An increase in confidence and job satisfaction.
- Because the Mentor is required to listen to the concerns of the employee, the Mentor may develop a better understanding of employee issues.
- If the mentor is a supervisor, Mentoring can improve supervisory skills. Even if a mentored employee leaves the company, the mentor and mentee may maintain a professional connection, which can expand the mentor’s reputation and connections.
Benefits to employers who encourage Mentoring in their organizations are also numerous, and include lower employee turnover rates, higher levels of job satisfaction among Mentors and Mentees, and a more positive reputation within the industry.
Tools & Templates
A specific tool used in Mentoring includes a employee interviews and questionnaires so that the right combinations of personalities can be paired up in Mentor/Mentee relationships. Other templates include purpose statements, objectives lists, and progress trackers.
Praxie's Online Mentoring Tools & Templates
Praxie’s online Mentoring collaboration tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.