Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
An A3 Report is a tool used by team leaders and managers to document a set of key data points and important information needed for ongoing progress checks and decision-making. When an A3 Report is created, it helps to simplify project reporting because it pulls necessary information together from numerous more detailed progress reports. A3 Reports condense multiple sources of information into a single page and communicate that information using data visualizations like charts and concise bullet points. The A3 Report got its name from the metric paper size the report is typically produced on.
Description of A3 Report
The A3 Report is built on one page (typically landscape oriented) which includes the following sections and categories:
- Background: An overview of the project or problem being solved as well as background on the importance of this project to the organization.
- Current Situation: A data visualization or key bullet points outlining the current problem or status of a project.
- Analysis: An overview of any analysis that is being performed to determine the root cause of a problem.
- Goal: A graphical representation or data visualization of what the end goal is or what the end state should be.
- Recommendations: A list of solutions in bulleted form that have been or should be actioned.
- Implementation Plan: A task table outlining specific start dates, timings, responsible parties, and current completion status.
- Follow-Up Plan: A list of check-ins and follow-up actions after implementation of recommendations to ensure the problem has been solved.
- Results Report: A current view on progress of the plan visualized in some form of chart, table or graph.
Praxie's Online A3 Report Tools & Templates
The tools managers can use to build out an A3 Report are project plans, analyst reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and checklists. Get started with Praxie’s A3 Report template.
How to use it:
- Consolidate information about your project into this A3 Report.
- Change headings as desired to modify the template for your specific project and focus.
- Create an action plan to create your A3 Report.
Unlike most traditional project plans or process guides, Praxie’s online A3 Report tool allows any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.