Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
A Standard Operating Procedure, or SOP, is a document or process outline that has been created to show operators how to carry out a specific task, process or activity. It can be delivered as a document, presentation, workflow document, or even a video. Ultimately, an SOP needs to provide guidance on how a user is meant to perform a task in specific circumstances.
The typical SOP is a document which outlines best practices for a process and lists them step-by-step. Operators that want to accomplish a certain task look to this SOP to carry out their work, so it is important that these documents are standardized and kept up-to-date.
Description of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are developed by organizations in order to help workers and employees carry out vital tasks which are done on a routine basis. The purpose of an SOP is to drive efficiency and quality of output while reducing the likelihood that miscommunication will occur.
Here are several steps to help guide the successful creation of a functional Standard Operating Procedure (SOP):
- Create an SOP which is easy to follow by creating step-by-step guidelines which are easy to understand and follow. The easier the instructions in an SOP are to follow, the less likely you will have errors or mistakes in the process.
- Regularly update the SOP and include the date of the last update as well as the version number. This will avoid confusion and ensure that operators are working from the most recent version of an SOP.
- Have a clear approval process for procedure approval. This will help improve process uptake and drive adoption.
Praxie's Online Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Tools & Templates
The tools business leaders use to guide their teams through the steps for using the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) include fishbone diagrams, project charters, and process mapping, which are then used for regular reviews of progress. Interactive online software applications like Praxie provide options to create and customize the template online and in collaboration with your team, and then export to files and PDFs. Get started with our Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) template.
How to use it:
- Complete the SOP using existing data available to you.
- Update this document as you further define and implement your process over time.
- Create an action plan to guide the process of developing your SOP, or to define the steps in building out your full standard operating procedure.
Unlike most traditional Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) processes, Praxie’s online SOP tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.