Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
The SIPOC Analysis Template can be used by a business leader or manager to identify the relevant parts of a process improvement project before work begins. SIPOC Analysis is particularly helpful when defining a complex process that requires additional scoping, and it is typically carried out during the Measure phase of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) process.
Description of SIPOC Analysis Template
SIPOC is an acronym which helps guide business leaders, managers and teams along a process to support deeper levels of process improvement. The SIPOC Analysis Template asks team members to consider the following elements of a specific process or project:
The SIPOC Analysis Template is particularly useful when attempting to uncover:
- Which suppliers are involved at various stages of a process
- What specifications are in place to ensure inputs are correct
- What different steps make up the overall process
- Who the customers or end users of the process are
- What the requirements of those customers are
Praxie's Online SIPOC Analysis Tools & Templates
The tools and resources that leaders use to make the most of the SIPOC Analysis template are internal stakeholder interviews, budget sheets, project plans, and business strategy documents. Get started with our SIPOC Analysis template.
How to use it:
- Before starting, create an area where team members can post and contribute to the SIPOC template together. This could be in-person or virtually over a cloud-based SaaS tool.
- Outline the process being assessed, start with four to five key steps.
- After outlining the process, lay out the outputs that result after the process is successfully fulfilled.
- Identify the end users or customers that will receive outputs from the process.
- List the inputs needed to make the process work.
- Create a list of suppliers of each of these inputs that are required for the process to be complete.
- Finally, discuss the SIPOC analysis with the project sponsor or champion in order to validate the analysis.
Unlike most traditional process checklists and problem solving models, Praxie’s online SIPOC Analysis tool allows any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.