Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model Training Video
Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model Best Practices
Kenichi Ohmae is a well-known Japanese business strategist who developed the 3 Cs Model of business management. He focuses on 3 key success factors, namely The Corporation, The Consumer and The Competition, which form a strategic triangle. The 3 factors must be in balance for a business to have sustainable competitive advantage.
More about Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model
Description of Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model
- Corporation: The corporation is responsible for focusing inward and maximizing its strengths. The corporation needs to have strategies in place which will maximize its competitive edge, now and in the future. This involves the study of current operations and deciding whether there is potential for outsourcing, changing vendors of raw materials, or automating, which would improve cost effectiveness.
- Customer: The customer is viewed as the basis for any strategy change and should be the primary focus of any company. A business needs to clearly identify its current and future customers, and tailor its products to each market segment it wants to explore. Ohmae’s model encourages frequent communication with customers by way of conversations, questionnaires, reviews and surveys.
- Competition: This is the third important factor in Ohmae’s 3C’s strategy. The potential negative impact of the competition can be minimized by increasing the image of your own brand, capitalizing on your own profits, and maximizing your own resources in a smart and efficient way. This includes heavy investment in advertising and public relations campaigns.
The value of Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model lies in its simplicity. It emphasizes practicality and reducing wastefulness. Also, this model highlights the proper use of company resources and employing an effective marketing strategy.
Praxie's Online Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model Tools & Templates
Strategy teams that are looking to launch a new initiative should consider using the new online Ohmae’s 3C Model Template from Praxie. This template blends 3 of the most critical elements that managers initiating change within an organization should be focusing on. These elements are The Corporation, The Consumer and The Competition, which when put together form a strategic triangle. The 3 factors must be in balance for a business to have a sustainable competitive advantage.
The core use of the 3C Model Template is to help strategy teams capitalize on their organizational strengths (rather than their weaknesses) and to use these strengths in the marketplace to set the business apart from the competition. If this goal is achieved, business leaders can expect to generate long-term profits and high levels of growth. Get started with our Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model template.
How to use it:
- Review the model and reflect on the questions.
- List the required strategies under each section.
- Create an action plan for completing the 3C Model template, including obtaining input from key stakeholders on the three questions and the Hedgehog statement.
Unlike most traditional Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model techniques, Praxie’s online Ohmae’s 3 Cs Model tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.