Customer Problem Statement Training Video
Customer Problem Statement Best Practices
A Customer Problem Statement is a detailed description of an issue that needs to be addressed by a problem-solving team. It is written to focus the team at the beginning, keep the team on track during the innovation project, and to confirm that the team delivered an appropriate solution that addresses a real customer need at the end of the project.
More about Customer Problem Statement
Description of Customer Problem Statements
Customer Problem Statements are created by following the process in the steps below:
- Describe the current conditions of a customer’s situation
- Explain the current problem from the customer’s perspective
- Explain the financial or other intangible costs of the problem
- Provide backup evidence
- Propose a solution
- Explain the benefits of the solution
- Summarize the problem and ideal solution
The Customer Problem Statement is a critical component of a project’s statement of purpose. It helps all members of the team understand why they are working on the project and helps provide clarity on the reasons behind the project. With a Customer Problem Statement as the backbone of a project, team members will be less likely to understand the problem differently, and will be more likely to strive for a common solution.
Praxie's Customer Problem Statement Tools & Templates
Unlike most traditional templates in MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, Praxie’s online Customer Problem Statement template allows any team or organization to instantly begin collaborating with our complete input form that focuses on customer issues, needs, and emotions.
When it comes to templates for creating Customer Problem Statements, most teams create a single sentence or statement that highlights the specific customer problem they will address as part of their project. Get started with our Customer Problem Statement template.
How to use it:
- Answer the questions in the template and complete it in a way that builds a full statement from the customer’s perspective.
- Create an action plan based on how you will use your Customer Problem Statement to innovate.
- Consider how you might validate your problem statement to ensure it accurately reflects your customers’ needs.
Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.