Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
Agile Project Management is a project management process in which each step of the project is broken into smaller sections or iterations. These iterations begin in the idea generation stage and continue through project completion. After each portion has been developed, the project team reviews and critiques it in order to determine what the next step in the process should be. By breaking the project into smaller portions, the team is able to address problems and potential errors in real time, minimizing the occurrence of issues that could diminish the success of the project.
Description of Agile Project Management
Agile Project Management requires both quick feedback and adaptation in order to ensure effective project iterations. When applied to product development, innovation, or other processes that involve customers, agile development and management improves customer satisfaction (because customer needs are constantly being taken into consideration) and competitive advantage (because the project is developed to meet the demands of the changing environment in real time). Agile Project Management allows the organization’s resources to be effectively used as the goal of each iteration is clear, helping to ensure all resources are put toward addressing the issues of each stage. This helps to minimize the amount of time and money spent on the project.
Typically, the project manager is responsible for determining the magnitude of the project, its cost and quality, the individuals who will be involved on the project team, and the level of risk associated with the endeavor. Agile Project Management often divides these responsibilities among different individuals: two project leaders and the remaining team members.
- The first individual is responsible for setting the larger project goals as well as making the necessary adjustments to meet the ever-changing demands of the market. Determining the larger project goals also involves establishing what features the project will have that will enable those goals to be met. Finally, this individual is in charge of managing the challenge of meeting these goals while also creating and sticking to the project schedule.
- The second individual is primarily responsible for removing any hindrances to project completion. Additionally, this individual manages the daily schedule of the project team members, specifically helping to prioritize the day-to-day tasks of each group member.
- The project team members are responsible for completing their assigned tasks and monitoring and reporting project process, specifically the progress of each project stage. Additionally, each team member needs to report and manage any quality issues that threaten the success of the project, which involves carefully monitoring the project details.
Praxie's Online Agile Project Management Tools & Templates
Risk Assessments and Process Maps can be used to support the Agile Project Management method. These tools can be used to create a project timeline as well as to identify any potential project impediments. Various other templates are often applied including design thinking and lean startup approaches. Get started with our Agile Project Management template.
How to use it:
- Review the template and gather the requested information.
- Fill out the form by listing projects and associated tasks.
- Track your overall progress and project deliverables.
- Update the template according to project dates.
Unlike most traditional Agile Project Management techniques, Praxie’s online Agile Project Management tools and templates allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.