Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
PRiSM stands for Projects Integrating Sustainable Methods. Therefore, PRiSM Project Management is a sustainable method for project management, enabling organizations to complete their projects while integrating environmental sustainability, which would benefit both the organization and society at large. The PRiSM method specifically focuses on people, the planet, prosperity, process and products (i.e., minimizing the ecological risks while simultaneously enhancing the benefits provided to the company and society).
Description of PRiSM Project Management
There are six principles that guide PRiSM Project Management. An organization should integrate all six of these values into their development programs in order to create projects that have lasting benefits for the environment. Project managers should be trained on these values to ensure that they adopt them into their method to the extent possible.
- Commitment and Responsibility: An organization should recognize the importance of a clean environment that promotes employee well-being. Organizations should also feel accountable for promoting equal opportunities and compensation as well as develop initiatives that strictly adhere to federal, state, and local laws.
- Ethics and Decision Making: All initiatives aimed at minimizing the harmful impact we have on the environment should be implemented ethically.
- Integration and Transparency: The project should aim to integrate and promote financial, social and environmental benefits. These projects can and should be implemented in upper level management as well as day-to-day procedures.
- Development of Resources: Projects should be designed in such as a way that the use of technology serves to diminish resource depletion or use resources in a more efficient way.
- Social and Ecological Equity: The project team should consider if there are any large impacts that a project can have on vulnerable populations or if the project is being conducted in an environmentally sensitive area. Therefore, the organization should examine demographic data before beginning the project.
- Economic Prosperity: Project budgets should take into consideration both the needs of the current stakeholders as well as future generations.
Praxie's Online PRiSM Project Management Tools & Templates
PRiSM Project Management can be supported by various Agile Innovation Processes including design thinking and lean startup approaches. Get started with our PRiSM Project Management template.
How to use it:
- List project name and respective lead.
- Enter the project’s estimated duration as well as sustainability, environmental risks, and resources green index.
- Insert the status, progress, budget, and actual expenditure.
- Monitor and update the template.
Unlike most traditional PRiSM Project Management techniques, Praxie’s online PRiSM Project Management tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.