Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
A Project Dashboard provides an overall measurement of the current status of a project. It is usually presented in spreadsheet format and contains all the key performance indicators relevant to a specific project in one place so that project managers can instantly evaluate progress.
Description of Project Dashboard
A Project Dashboard is an at-a-glance measurement of the current scope, budget and time constraints on a project for Project Managers and other internal leaders. The metrics covered in the Dashboard can vary with the project, but usually include the following elements:
- The ultimate goal the project will serve to accomplish and the type of project that is underway to help the organization meet that goal.
- The relevant individuals who will need to be or are already involved in the project. Additionally, define the roles that these individuals play and the pieces for which they will be held accountable.
- A timeline for the project, which should include a beginning and end date, benchmarks or sub-steps that need to be accomplished in order to reach the goal, as well as the date each step needs to be completed.
- The current status of each task in the project as well as who is responsible for completing each task.
- Budgetary guidelines and metrics surrounding current spending versus budget data.
The benefits of using a Project Dashboard for any project, large or small, is the ability to quickly determine how a project is progressing and make corrections that result in a more streamlined process. When all stakeholders have access to the Dashboard, they can stay abreast of developments and progress, resulting in better communication and greater efficiencies.
Praxie's Online Project Dashboard Tools & Templates
A Project Dashboard contains all the key performance indicators relevant to a specific project in one place so that senior leaders can instantly evaluate progress and assess risk – allowing them to take key decisions related to budget, time, or scope. A Project Dashboard can be created using documents, presentations or various software tools. Get started with our Project Dashboard template.
How to use it:
- Review the template.
- Fill out the table to build your Project Dashboard.
- After updating the project portfolio table, click the DATA menu option in Excel and then select “REFRESH ALL” to update all charts.
Unlike most traditional Project Dashboard techniques, Praxie’s online Project Dashboard collaboration tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.