DMAIC Process Interactive App
The DMAIC Process is defined by the use of other lean concepts, such as lean innovation, lean manufacturing and lean thinking to project management. The main tenet of the DMAIC Process is providing more value with less waste, which should result in higher quality at a reduced cost.
Description of DMAIC Process
The DMAIC process cycle contributes to easier identification and quicker resolution of project quality problems. DMAIC is an acronym that stands for:
- Define – Develop a vision for the project, map the project management process and set project requirements
- Measure – Collect data and process defects and possible causes. Organize hierarchically and visualize process data using pareto analysis
- Analyze – Write descriptions of problems related to the process, exploring potential causes to identify inefficiencies. Organize potential causes and collect more in-depth data if applicable. Qualify cause-effect relationships by using statistical methods.
- Improve – Create possible solutions for root causes, selecting the most feasible ones to design improvement plans. Run pilot test for the plans. Implement the improvement plans and evaluate results.
- Control – Design and document standard practices for process improvement. Train personnel and keep track of process performance. Summarize and communicate results obtained.
Tools & Templates
Various Project Management methods, Risk Assessments and Process Maps can all be used to provide insights, data and additional support when using DMAIC Process.
Praxie's Online DMAIC Process Tools & Templates
Unlike most traditional DMAIC Process techniques, Praxie’s online DMAIC Process tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.