Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
The Case for Change Template is a tool that provides the Change Manager with one place to capture all the reasons a change needs to occur. Information to complete this template will be pulled from existing documents: Scope of Work, Project Charter, and relevant background information provided by the sponsor. Information on this template will be used to craft communications for each relevant audience impacted by the change.
Description of Case for Change
The most effective Case for Change documents prove to the stakeholders that the change is needed, and will be engaged enough in the process that they will support and help ensure its success. Without clear documentation, the change initiative will lack relevance, which can cause resistance. The main goal for a Case for Change is to provide clarity around the need for change and ensure stakeholder engagement.
To start creating a Case for Change, the following four questions should be answered.
- What is the project or task?
- What is the reason the project is being initiated?
- Who must be convinced it is necessary?
- What is the commitment needed in terms of action and funding?
The most effective Case for Change documents will include the following sections:
- Executive Summary- gives a succinct description of the change
- Problem Statement-shows what benefits the change will have on the people side of the business
- High-level project description, scope and objectives
- Summary of solution including milestones, workstreams and success metrics
- Cost-benefit analysis relating directly to the bottom line cost savings
- Implementation timeline
- Present a SWOT Analysis of the project (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- Clearly articulated Conclusion and Recommendations
The Case for Change helps build support for a change initiative because it addresses concerns and answers questions thoughtfully and in one location. By directly connecting the need for change, the methods to be used, and the desired outcomes in one document, a Change Manager can convince stakeholders of the need and ensure their support.
Praxie's Online Case for Change Software Tools & Templates
Unlike most traditional Change Management models and processes, Praxie’s online Case for Change tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms. Get started with our Case for Change template.
How to use it:
- Answer the questions for each category.
- Outline your specific case for change.
- Review your answers and create an action plan based on your case for change.
Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.