Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
A Change Readiness Assessment is an analysis of the levels of the organization undergoing change, conducted so that key change makers are aware of what adjustments to attitudes need to be made or what resources need to be acquired for prosperous change to occur. More specifically, each level of the organization is assessed for how prepared it is to handle different magnitudes of change. The purpose of a Change Readiness Assessment is to make these determinations of preparedness.
Description of Change Readiness Assessment
The key elements that are gauged in a Change Readiness Assessment are attitudes, resources and conditions. Attitudes refer to how dedicated and supportive those affected by the change are to it. Resources refer to any factor that will facilitate the change such as money and time. Finally, conditions are laws or policies that are needed to support and put the change into action.
To establish if the organization is ready for change, the following steps must take place:
- Define the magnitude of the proposed change – change makers must know which parts of the organizational system need to be changed
- Select tools for change – change makers should select the change management tools that best fit the magnitude and content of the change in the organization. However, it is advisable to ensure that these tools assess the attitudes, conditions and resources at all organizational levels. Once selected, these tools should then be adapted so they are specific to the organization going through the change.
- Assess relevant dimensions of the context – it is critical to examine all of the micro and macro elements of the organizational system that can affect and be affected by the change. These include but are not limited to individuals, teams or departments as well as governmental systems or the local or national economy as these all can influence the success of the change.
- Analyze or Summarize – in this final stage, change makers draw conclusions about the readiness of each system. This is a simple process in which the change maker creates a written report as to whether the system is ready or not and provides evidence to supports his or her judgments.
Praxie's Online Change Readiness Assessment Tools & Templates
Unlike most traditional Change Readiness Assessment templates, Praxie’s online Change Readiness Assessment collaboration tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms.
A Change Readiness Assessment tracks the readiness of impacted stakeholder groups to adopt the changes needed to ensure the success of the project.
Get started with our Change Readiness Assessment template.
How to use it:
- List the stakeholder groups impacted by the change.
- Fill out each of the sections of the table.
- Review the information to assess the readiness of your stakeholder groups for deployment of the change.
Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.