Go beyond static file templates! We’ve digitized every best practice across all business functions into AI-powered interactive workflows. Schedule a demo to learn more about how we can help you drive digital transformation for your team and organization.
What’s In It For Me (WIIFM) is the central question that employees are concerned with when faced with organizational change. Broadly, this inquiry encompasses a number of questions regarding how the change is going to affect employee’s daily routines in the workplace (e.g., Will they be working with different people? Will they require different knowledge to perform their job well? Will their job responsibilities be altered?) The reason employees ask this question is to better understand how the change will affect them so they can determine how to respond.
Description of What’s In It For Me (WIIFM)
There are six things management can do to help better answer these questions for employees:
- Be completely transparent about the change – disseminate all relevant information to employees and be sure to gather information from multiple individuals at different levels in the organization.
- Ensure that all employees are cared for during the change process – this includes those who support the change, those who enacted the change, those who devised the change, and especially those who are against the change
- Remember that different level employees will have different concerns – it is critical that issues are addressed using language and examples that are easily understandable and relatable to the employees being addressed.
- Set feasible goals – this helps to provide employees with a timeline for the change so they are not subject to any surprises. Further, realistic goals are more easily explained, which ensures that employees can understand why these changes are occurring.
- Provide clear information – make sure that the information that is presented to employees is easily digestible.
- Prepare answers to as many ‘what,’ ‘why,’ and ‘what if’ questions as possible – this will hopefully help employees understand the answer to their main question: “What’s In It For Me?”
Praxie’s Online WIIFM Tools & Templates
Unlike most traditional WIIFM templates in MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, Praxie’s online What’s In It For Me (WIIFM) collaboration tools allow any team or organization to instantly begin working with our web templates and input forms.
The answers to What’s In It For Me are often communicated in presentations, spreadsheets, and other strategic documents as well as face to face conversations with concerned employees. Get started with our What’s in it For Me (WIIFM) template.
How to use it:
- Create one sentence description of the change.
- List the impacted stakeholders and describe the benefits of the change for each.
- Write a single WiiFM statement for each stakeholder that can be used in communications, training, and other places as you implement the change.
- Create an action plan to create your WiiFMs.
Our digital platform goes far beyond other software tools by including progress dashboards, data integration from existing documents or other SaaS software, elegant intuitive designs, and full access on any desktop or mobile device.